The Round Britain Experience has ben operating without a break for almost 20 years. Unfortunately due to a last minute change of circumstances we are taking a break in 2017 but please read all about this fantastic trip of a lifetime and register your interest for next year and beyond by email or FaceBook
The Round Britain Experience® is a 12 week "hands on" circumnavigation of the British Isles and outlying Islands.
We use a well equipped and comfortable 2011 Bavaria 45 for the trip, aptly named "Round Britain Experience". She has four cabins (one for each of the participants) and is very spacious. Click Here for more details of the yacht.
We circumnavigate the British Isles twice each year starting in April and July. Call or email us for details.
RYA qualifications are gained on route, our established programme provides all the mileage and courses required to reach RYA Coastal Skipper even if you join us as a beginner!
Don't just take our word for it! Read the following accounts from previous and current customers:
- This is our favourite blog, a very humorous account of the July 2014 trip written by Richard. Well worth a read (click “Day by Day” to read the full blog.)
- The April 2014 blog was written by Tony, one of the team on that trip. (Tony and Neil who opted for the Yachtmaster package at the end are now both Yachtmaster Offshore.)
- Our live facebook page gives you a regular update on the Round Britain Experience's progress including photos and blogs from the current participants when available
- Jill was one of the participants of our July 2011 trip, she wrote a very informative and comprehensive blog with great photos, you can see that at www.rbeblog.co.uk/
- Anita Newcombe, a well known local journalist came along on a leg of our 2012 trip; read her article from the magazine "Devon Life" (Click the Devon Life icon on the right, opens in a new tab)
Not sure about 12 weeks? Why not join us for 6 weeks and complete the trip in two sittings? Call or email us for details
The July 2013 Crew
Not just the run-of-the-mill fastrack Yachtmaster! Because of the unique way we run the RBE, should you choose to take your Yachtmaster exam, you have the greatest chance of passing it following your experience and your preparation course. Read More »
The Round Britain Experience® has visited over 200 destinations since it's inception. In fact each circumnavigation visits over 50 ports, harbours and anchorages and along the way our clients, to a greater or a lesser extent, keep a record. read their stories »